Monday, December 14, 2015

Boy with Golden Brown Eyes

The little boy, about 4 years old, had the most beautiful eyes, a golden brown framed by lush dark lashes. As I passed him on the jogging path on my evening walk, he grabbed me around the legs in a joyous hug. His father walked over and gently pulled him away.

The patient and loving father told me his son was autistic. I said that I thought autistic children shied away from people, but his son had embraced me physically and, it seemed, emotionally. The father said that his son approached other children without hesitation but then didn't know how to play with them. He was in a special program at a local school. 

The little boy and I walked hand in hand until I left the jogging path. I wondered what kind of life he would have. Such beautiful eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment