Monday, October 19, 2015

Art of Packing

When I was an investment banker in Chicago, I traveled a lot. I had clients in the Midwest and on the East Coast and West Coast. St. Louis was almost a second home.

I began to practice the art of packing and have been refining my technique ever since. Now that I travel to New York 4 - 5 times a year, in different seasons, I recycle packing lists saved on my hard drive. Why re-invent the wheel? 

Florida has two seasons - rainy season and dry season. The temperature range is limited from my Northeastern perspective. New York still has four seasons, with the temperature range getting more extreme as global warming builds. There are sweaters, jackets, wool pants and other cool/cold weather clothing I only wear in New York. The standard packing lists remind me what to wear.


No comments:

Post a Comment