Thursday, October 29, 2015

Autumn in New York

It's autumn in New York, and the pumpkin donuts at Dunkin' are ripe for the picking. I treated myself to my first of the season at Newark International Airport on my way back to Orlando. The Dunkin' Donuts establishment is modest to a fault - just a counter with a few stools and two small tables in the passage way before you enter security. 

Despite the drab ambiance, the pumpkin pastry, matched with a bottle of orange juice, transported me to a landscape of fall foliage and crisp temperatures. It was time to recover from the subway and NJ Transit rides and prepare for the passage through the ever-vigilant TSA employees. Others may abuse drugs and alcohol in times of stress. My poison of choice is a flavorful donut every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment