Wednesday, October 21, 2015

My Brilliant Blogging Career

I started my first blog in February 2010 as part of my executive coaching website. I posted 23 times in 2010 and 53 times in 2011. Now and then, I forwarded the link to a post to some clients. I don't think anyone else read the blog. It was a start.

My second blog was more personal. As I stated at the inception: "This blog will chronicle my adventures as the precinct woman for Precinct 437, Orange County, Florida, and Lake Nona NTL for OFA, leading up to the November 6, 2012 Election." My output was modest: 10 posts in late 2011 and 53 in 2012. I increased readership by uploading each post to my Facebook page. There were "Likes" and even some favorable comments. In addition to capturing  my exploits as a novice grassroots political organizer, the blog was an exercise in loosening up my writing style. I made progress in that regard.

This blog is about nothing. Like the Seinfeld show. But not as funny. Here I am going for quantity, not quality. I started in early September 2015; my goal is 100 posts by New Year's Eve. My readership numbers in the very low single digits ( 2 or 3). 


No comments:

Post a Comment