Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Cleaning House

I come from a long line of dedicated house cleaners. My material grandmother was renowned for getting down on her hands and knees to scrub the marble steps in front of 416 Hoffman Street. My mother was no slouch. From any early age, I learned to minimize clutter and keep the bathroom clean at all times, rules I still live by.

When I lived in New York, I had more money than time. Cora, a diminutive Filipina, kept my apartment spotless for 20 years. In Orlando, I have more time than money and do my own cleaning to fairly acceptable standards.

But then I met Nancy, of Mona Maids, who cleans empty apartments in my apartment complex before they are re-rented. Nancy is coming this morning to reprise her efforts of a year ago. Again, I will need sunglasses to behold the sparkling clean bath tub.                 

No comments:

Post a Comment