Thursday, November 19, 2015

Understudy Grandparent

In the last year or so, I have assumed a new role in the village - understudy grandparent. I have been called on to take Gisela to soccer practice and matches, as well as movies aimed primarily at her generation. (What happened to those days of little art house films?)

Thanksgiving is the season of Grandparents' Day at schools in Orlando. Tomorrow morning I will represent my side of the family at Gisela's school. After a buffet breakfast, the students will present a program. Gisela was a fish in the school production of The Little Mermaid last spring. She told me she has a speaking part this time.

Next Wednesday, I will play my assigned role at Sebastian's school. I was there last year, too. I will be delighted to see his beautiful smiling face, missing a front tooth! 

No comments:

Post a Comment