Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Blog About Nothing

This blog is about nothing. Like the Seinfeld show. But not as funny.


As I write this, I am admiring my shiny apple green nail polish. This is a new look for me. I would never have worn such a daring color as an investment banker in the late 70's, early 80's. That was the era of "Dress for Success," a guide for professional women who wanted to climb the corporate ladder. The recommended uniform consisted of a tailored dark suit, white shirt and floppy bow-tie meant to emulate the standard masculine neck wear. No one was fooled. They were still seen as women, just unattractively dressed members of their sex.



With the help of my fashionista friend, I shopped at off-priced shops for clothes with a bit more style. One of my favorite outfits was a purple suit (traditionally cut) with a red silk blouse. I thought I looked great, and the deals got done. The lesson is you have to play your own game if you want to succeed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment