Saturday, September 19, 2015

Sisters and Daughters

I have many sisters and daughters. No, you will not find them on Ancestry.com. We are bound by shared experiences and shared values, not DNA. 


I met most of my little sisters and daughters through my professional life. Since I have been the first woman or only woman through much of my career, I did not always have the clout to help them up the ladder directly. At first, I was able to bring them in at entry level positions, to provide moral support and to share the survival skills I had learned. 



As my career progressed, I was about to do more. Always, I tried to be a positive role model for women and a successful executive overall. I hope I made it easier for the women following me in an organization to gain respect and recognition.



FYI, my little sisters and daughters are doing just fine! I am very proud of them and grateful for the chance to share in their lives.






No comments:

Post a Comment