Thursday, September 17, 2015

Naturally Curly Hair

People always expect more of you when you have naturally curly hair. This oft-repeated remark did not win Frieda many friends among the Peanuts regulars, and her tenure on the comic strip was cut short. 


My history with naturally curly hair has also been fraught. Adorable curls on a toddler soon turned into adolescent frizz. There followed years with large rollers under the hair dryer, hot rollers and other attempts to bring a smooth line to hair that resisted. 



Edward opened new possibilities about 15 years ago when he styled my hair to exploit the curls, not fight them. Now, with the aid of better hair products, I flaunt my naturally curly hair. I don't know what other people expect. I expect more of myself, and I deliver!

No comments:

Post a Comment